Oops, I am sorry!
We all have the habit of saying sorry frequently, in unnecessary situations, right? We usually say “I am sorry; I am late for the class”. “I am sorry, May I ask a question?”, “I am sorry, May I know who you are?” …and so on. We have been taught since childhood to say sorry and it has become a tradition to say it even in redundant situations .
There is a great saying, "Never apologize for showing your feelings. When you do, you are apologizing for the truth."
The point is “Is your sorry sincere and genuine?” Think about it! We sometimes shower upon the smallest things in the world and leave behind the big ones.
When was the last time you apologized and you actually meant it?
At a point of time, everyone in their lives, fought with their parents, had difference of opinion with their close friends or argued with their teachers. Sometimes an issue might have been a snowflake and it turned out to be a snow ball, or it started with a discussion and eventually led to a debate or we just wander upon our own perceptions on what we have seen or heard, not knowing the other side of the coin. Most of the arguments get carried away because we don't listen to the other side and stand on our own version constantly. We've experienced it, right?
We never know what’s gonna happen tomorrow and who will continue the journey along with us? We never know the value of others till we lose them. We usually draw a small line between us and others thinking that, we are always right and that's where it all starts.
Today, we have an opportunity to say sorry, tomorrow we might not. So, I want you to say “sorry” to your loved ones, make a call or directly meet them, give them a hug ,it doesn’t take more than few secs but this time say it whole heartedly! No matter what has happened and what will. You know, the power of apology is like a win-win situation. When you apologize you win both the relationship and the situation with 100% satisfaction. “Sorry doesn’t change the past but it DOES enhance the future”. So, think about it! :)
Best one yet! 👏🏻
ReplyDelete